Saturday, January 30, 2010

Blog Assignment 1: Student Profile

Hello fellow classmates, my name is Thang Hoang and I am a Biology major at the University of Southern Mississippi. As a Biology major, I have not really chosen to specialize in any sub-fields yet, but I am leaning more towards a molecular based biology emphasis over an ecology based biology. Currently I work at I-tech and although it does not correlate with my major, it is a job a really I enjoy doing because working on computers have always been a hobby of mine. Whenever I am not studying like a mad man, I enjoy playing paintball with my friends on the weekends and bowling in leagues with my bowling team, The Pin Killers, during the week.
Growing up, literature and writing have always been one of my stronger subjects. I have written many essays, laboratory reports, and even the occasional poems. Even though writing has many aspects and forms, I believe that writing a laboratory report is a lot easier to me than writing any type of poems. I believe a laboratory report is easier because all of the information gathered during experiments is right in front of you in black and white and all someone has to do is to put the listed data and observed data into complete sentences. Poems are difficult for me because I am not that creative enough to carry on iambic pentameters, haiku’s and any other specific fundamentals of other poems for prolonged periods of time.
Beginning this class, I always thought I was a decent writer but I hope to learn how to become more fluent in the use of my vocabulary as well as to be able to have a nice steady flow of words that are easy to follow, as opposed to the boring “blah blah blah” that is used in writing one million page essays. I think the only thing that really worries me in the class is the large work load that I have in front of me, but hopefully I think I can handle it.

- Thang H.

No comments:

Post a Comment